The Business of Being...Levi

Well I've been hanging around this world for  FIVE MONTHS now and here's what I think about things so far... 
It's been a fun month filled with what else, travel? This time to Virginia for a good part of the month, one week while Dad was with us on vacation and two weeks while he was working for the Airforce. Here are some highlights from this month...It began with a big Boston ice cream event and I wanted to taste that ice cream SO badly!! 
I went to my first baby shower for my future friend, Baby Albright. The night before I got to hang out just me and Dad at a BBQ while mom helped get things ready for the shower. Guy time was a good time.

I still hate the car, so after crying for over an hour one trip in the car even with pit stops for me to eat and take a break from the car seat I still kept crying, so Daddy declared I had won myself a ticket to Virginia. I didn't mind having to fly and I took Mommy along too.
While in Virginia I kept a full calendar of course. I met Nana for lunch and visited her office, visited Grandma's elementary school, met Mom and Dad's small group from VA Beach who prayed for me when I was a twinkle in their eyes and on the way. I also celebrated Dad's first Father's day with all the family. Mom and I got him a Red Sox jersey and a coffee mug that says "Wicked Good Dad", which seemed fitting since I'm a true New Englander. I finally met my Great Grandpa and Great Aunt Linda and the rest of my cousins through Grandma this trip too. Then while Dad headed to his Airforce base, I hung with Mommy and my grandparents for a couple weeks in Virginia while he was away working. I visited Charlottesville and hung out with my Great Granny, Aunt Cindy and cousins Sarah, Sophia, Henry, Ashley and Gabriel as well as mom's friend Celeste and her girls, Ariana and Ivey.

I had my first pool day at Nana's. She got me the perfect raft to float around in the pool, so I put on my first swim diaper and swim outfit complete with sunglasses and sun hat and hung out by the pool. I wasn't sure how I felt about being in the water when mom first dipped my feet in the water because it wasn't warm like the bathtub, but Mommy and Daddy were there with me, so I figured it would be all right and while I remained pretty serious at least I didn't cry. Nana even brought her swing outside for me and I napped in her stroller in the shade too. It was a pretty fun in the sun day.
Later in my Virginia visit Mom took me to Williamsburg to visit my Big Nana again and we had lunch with Aunt and Uncle Blah while we were there. I had a playdate with mom's ESL teacher friends and then lunch with her school friend Lauren. We had sushi and it looked SO good. Then, I spent the whole day with Grandma and Grandpop while Mom photographed a wedding, so I got to go to a graduation party for Brooke Cardwell with them. That Sunday I enjoyed brunch with Aunt Haley, Aunt Courtney and Uncle Austin followed by a day at the pool with my little friends, Liam, Evelyn and the Mazzio twins. Nana got home with Aunt Cola from Tati's dress fitting in New York and we had a clam bake. Then Monday we had a pool day at the Van Nest's where I got to meet Miss Eliza Lane and her mommy, Jessica, while hanging out again with Auntie Haley, Auntie Courtney, Liam and Evelyn. I also went to dinner club and met mommy's friends there. At Grandma's I also met my Great Uncle Owen. My last day in Virginia I watched some of the Miss Virginia pageant with Mommy, Nana and Grandma before going to bed because we had to fly back to Virginia VERY early.  

Another trip highlight was going to a couple Y Knot concerts with Grandma and Grandpop and wore ear plugs to protect my ears. It looked like I was listening to an Ipod when I had the earplugs in my ears. My grandparents get a VIP table front and center at the concerts, so that was fun. I also met Daddy's friend Eric at the concert. He said he's going to come visit me this summer in Boston. 
In other news, I have officially started rolling. I don't just roll by accident anymore. I can see a toy I want and roll over to get it and then roll back over to chew and play with it. Watch out Mom, I'm going to be on the move before you know it!

I also cracked up at Mom for a long stretch of time on a couple occasions this month. She is one funny lady and I know she loves my belly laughs, so I'll keep em coming! 

My nana is getting really excited about me eating solid foods, but it's still a little while away. In the meantime, Mommy let her give me some ice water droplets from a straw and boy oh boy did I like that. It was so nice and cold on my gums. My mom will sometimes give me some water as entertainment when I'm in a restaurant now. Oh and speaking of restaurants, I can sit on my own in highchairs now. It's fun for a little while. Mom puts this cool cover on the high chair, so I can suck on the chair and not get sick from yucky germs. 
I also started sitting on my own for short stretches of time before wobbling to one side or another. Mom's been enjoying that for taking my picture. My sitting skills were even put to use when I  got to sit in my Grandpop's baby rocking chair. It was fun to have my own perfectly sized chair to sit in and I hear I'll get to sit in it some more this fall at Cabin Weekend.
I loved all the time I got to spend with my grandparents and extended family and friends this month. I know a lot of people love me and I'm one lucky boy!

Of course this has been another month of firsts...
      Tasting ice water.
      Meeting my great grandpa.
      Meeting my great aunt Linda.
      Had my first pool day.

Overall,  in my  FIFTH MONTH I've enjoyed the business of family time.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by 2008

Back to TOP