My first 3 mile run!

For many a three mile run is no big deal, however, for someone who has never run that far before I was pretty thrilled! Who knows maybe my desire to actually run a half marathon could someday become a reality.It was nice out Friday so I decided to jog down at the ocean front on the boardwalk. I figured the sound of the ocean waves crashing along the shore would be a perfect distraction from my pounding heart and heavy breathing. Indeed it was! I kept up my pace and ran an entire three miles! I was so excited I thought I'd share, and hopefully by sharing it will force me to continue running that distance and further. I'll keep you posted...there is a Shamrock Shuffle half marathon here in the spring, maybe I'd be ready by then. Guess we'll see!

3 comments:

 Shelby said...

Congrats Jess!

I've been starting to run too...slowly but surely (verrrrry slowly) building up that distance ability!

Jonathan and Missy Wetherington said...

You should definitely run a half marathon! I just finished my second one and I am doing the Shamrock full marathon in March!

Heath and Thais said...

Yeah! You're running. Next summer it's you and me and the half marathon!

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP