Looking for direction (with friends)...finding that new job!

As many of you know, I am currently knee deep in a job hunt because we moved to Virginia Beach for Adam's dream job and the right job hasn't found me yet. So I took a trip to UVA for some alumni career counseling to see if they could offer any new ideas or places I should be looking. I was told to NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK! It's people who hold the keys to the hidden world of job openings rather than doing a lot of searching online. So if any of you know of a great job in the Tidewater area that you think would be a good fit for me, someone with an education background and good communication/people skills then please let me know!:) After my meeting at Alumni Hall, I decided to walk around grounds and take some pictures of the school I love so much. It was a beautiful day and I loved some of my shots.

The Serpentine Walls


The Rotunda
Here's Celeste and I on the downtown mall for dinner. I also had a chance to meet up with Stacey Fink for Coffee and she has just started student teaching. Overall, it was a fun filled visit and I had a great time catching up with my buddies in Charlottesville.
Tuesday was the perfect day for a stop in Richmond to visit with Haley since it was conveniently on my way home from Charlottesville. Let me just say that I love being able to easily visit my friends even if many of them are spread out around Virginia. Haley and I went over to the Short Pump Mall where we enjoyed window shopping and drooling over adorable outfits we hope to purchase and wear to the perfect new job. Then she took me to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my Birthday.

It was so yummy and we had so much fun reminiscing about our adventures in Europe. What a great trip that was! I spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with Hale at her new place and she made a delicious dinner for me and Justin.

The trip left me feeling refreshed and newly motivated to continue the job hunt. It also gave me that added encouragement I've been needing lately. So thanks ladies for the visits! I am always so thankful to have such close friends who know me inside out!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP