Thanksgiving and Football Weekend

Adam and I had a fun filled Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
The weekend started with a delicious dinner at my Mom's.
Adam got to carve the turkey.
We were even joined by a few of her students from HU.
We had Nana over too! I love having her close to us again.
That night we decked our halls for Christmas and enjoyed the glow of our Christmas tree.

Then we headed out on Friday for Charlottesville and the beginning of our football filled weekend. We visited with Granny and the Herndons and later that night I drove into town to see Celeste and John, their baby's nursery and their new family vehicle.
Saturday morning, we woke early to drive to Blacksburg for some tailgating and to watch the fight for the Commonwealth Cup (UVA vs. VT).
The Hokie fans
A family divided
The tailgate where we got to meet a bunch of Ev's fraternity brothers.
Watching my Hoos warm up
King Hokie and his favorite Hoo
Spirit Fingers! (A friend of Ev's invented these spirited items.)
Adam and I
King Hokie
Like father like son watching the game...
The Hokies won, but at least I got to sing the Good Ole Song. There's always next year for my Hoos!

Evan and Amy arrived at Granny's Saturday night, and we headed out early Sunday morning this time for FedEx Field to see the Redskins play.
We were joined by friends for tailgating and the game.
Adam made delicious brats...he's king of the tailgate grill.
I love a good tailgate...so do the Whitlingers...
and Amy...this was her first!
YUMMY!
After a great tailgate with delicious food and ladder ball, we all headed into the stadium to find our seats and cheer on the Skins.
It fun filled football weekend and we are so thankful for our wonderful friends and family.
Love you guys!

2 comments:

Megan My Dear said...

celeste and I have the same car!! love it!!

wheelchairs : Manish Steel Works said...

nice one i enjoyed this post thanks

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP