The Business of Being...Levi

Well I've been hanging around this world for  NINE MONTHS now and here's what I think about things so far... 
I am waving and clapping with confidence these days and I'll give the occasional high five with a ton of excitement. I am also super ticklish! You can get me to crack up by tickling my little piggies or my sides and tummy. Tickle time is just SO fun!

I have also started pointing from time to time like when Mom took me to the Aquarium for the first time with our playgroup. I loved seeing the big fish swimming around.
I've starting bouncing around this month. When Dad stands me next to him on the couch I love to bounce around and then plop down on my bottom. I also get a kick out of bouncing in my exersaucer lately. Mom and Dad are constantly saying, "Bouncy bouncy bouncy." I've also been standing and cruising for a while now, but this month I've experimented with a few seconds of standing completely on my own from time to time. I'll pull up as usual, but then as I'm standing I just decide to let go and stand there all by myself! Mom and Dad got me a walking toy too and I LOVE it! I have gotten quite speedy walking with it all over the living room and down the hall.
I may be a musician like my Uncle Evan because this month I have gotten really interested in drumming...on pots, boxes, actual drums and anything else I can bang out my own tune.
In the world of food, I am IN LOVE with my Cheerios. They can entertain me for an hour long plane ride in Mom's lap and they keep me busy at the dinner table along with other soft tastes of whatever Mom and Dad are having. I also LOVE apples...especially the core. Whenever Dad is eating one I get really excited because I know he will share with me and my favorite part is the core since I can hold it myself and gnaw on it. DELICIOUS! My grandma was amazed at how strong my bite is and how I can make my own apple sauce out of a whole apple when she let me eat an apple at the cabin.
You may be wondering how I am able to bite apples so well...drum roll please...my top four teeth started coming in this month, so between them and my bottom two teeth and I am really getting the hang of chewing.
I was also quite the traveler with Mom once again this month. I went to Chicago with her to celebrate hers and Aunt Thais's 30th birthday. It was such a fun visit because I could really play with Sammy, James and Isaiah. We went to the park a couple times and I really started to enjoy swinging. At first I was little nervous about it, but after seeing how James enjoyed it and realizing Mom was right there and I was safe I relaxed and started to have a good time.

After we got home from Chicago, we took a quick road trip to New York to be with the family as we celebrated the life of my great grandma who had recently passed away. Mom and I were so thankful we got to visit her in August, so I could play, coo and show her my fun personality that's been developing. It was such a special time and we're really going to miss her.

Finally, the next weekend Mom and Dad took me to Virginia for my first trip to the cabin at least outside of the womb since they found out I was a boy that same weekend last year. It was a wonderful weekend spending time with Nana, Poppy, Grandma and Grandpop, my OSL aunties, uncles, cousins, Celeste, Ivey, the Blahs, my great granny, cousin Sarah, Sophia and Henry and great aunt and uncles. I also found out there's another OSL cousin on the way this spring because Auntie Haley and Uncle Justin are pregnant...well actually three new OSL cousins because Auntie Lindsey and Auntie Shelby are all expecting too and Cousin Sarah is expecting again!! MORE FRIENDS and COUSINS!! YAY! I can't wait to meet all my new friends!

It was mine and Liam's first visit to the cabin, so we had a blast exploring and playing together...I even liked the play yard our moms set up for us since we would wander all over the place if given the chance. I got to try spaghetti for the first time too while I was at the cabin. I loved slurping it! I also got a bath in the kitchen sink there after getting messy from all the tasty food. Nana and Grandma said it was all a dream come true having me at the cabin for the first time, taking me down to the apple festival even with a little rain and seeing me rock myself in Grandpop's childhood rocking chair. I got quite the laughs when I sat in the rocking chair and just started rocking like crazy. Now that is FUN! Mom will post LOTS of pictures from that weekend soon.
I'm growing like a weed. I'm in the 85th percentile for height measuring 29 inches tall and I'm 50th percentile for weight weighing in at 19lbs. 5ounces. My hair is getting thicker and longer too...still blond though as you can see. I also still get lots of compliments on my long eye lashes and blue eyes.

Fall has been a lot of fun here in Boston. The leaves are changing color and I've gotten to do all sorts of fun fall activities. I went to a corn maze with Mom, Dad and the youth group one night. It wasn't scary because I was close to Mom the whole time as we tried to find our way out of the maze. Mom and Dad also took me apple picking. The farm was really cool and I loved picking an apple straight from the tree and taking a bite. Mom and Dad took lots of pictures which you can see here. Then to top off the fall fun, they took me to the pumpkin patch and I loved crawling around checking out all the different pumpkins. Mom took lots of pictures there too, which you can see here. Mom has started getting back into her photography and at least for now I don't mind being a good model for her. I've concluded that fall is really FUN!

This was an exciting month in my city too because the Red Sox went to the World Series and they WON in Boston!! Dad even got to go to the first game of the series, while Mom and I cheered them on with friends from home. I was lucky enough to attend 3 games this season with Mom and Dad, so  I've gotten really good at being excited when it comes to cheering, "Go Red Sox!"
Even though I can't actually say, "Go Red Sox" I do sound like quite the extravert these days babbling all day long when I'm in a good mood. I only make the "mama" sound when I'm upset, but when I'm happy you'll hear the "dada" and "gaga" sound loud and clear.
Of course this has been another month of firsts...
      Tasting spaghetti.
      Trip to the cabin and apple festival.
      Cold with a yucky cough...but I bounced back like a champ.
      Bouncing.
      Steps with a walker.
      Free standing moments.
      Top teeth.
Overall,  in my NINETH MONTH I've enjoyed the business of being EXTRAVERTED.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP