Great Expectations II: 38 weeks

How Far: 38 weeks

Weight/ Clothes: Holding steady one pound under my final weight with Levi ... it's so funny how my weight gain levels out at the end. At my weekly appointment, my midwife did comment that the baby had grown quite a bit in the two weeks since she had seen me before. I guess it's good that he's gaining and not me so much.

In terms of clothes, since the baby is getting bigger shirts are getting smaller and smaller, but thankfully I still have tops that fit and my pants/ shorts haven't really changed fit wise.

Cravings: Nothing exciting to mention... still loving fruit!

Movement: The baby is moving subtly as he runs out of space more and more each day.

Symptoms: I'm waddling around these days and my pelvic floor is pretty sore. I'm somewhat swollen. I also had a bit of upset stomach and lost my mucus plug ... all symptoms making me think labor might start any day now, but the baby is still hanging in there not wanting to enter the world just yet. My eye is back to its twitchy self and my heartburn is under control thanks to Zantac and Tums.

Mental State: I am looking forward to the baby arriving and not being pregnant any more. I've reached THAT point of discomfort, so hopefully he will decide to make his grand entrance sooner than later.

It is also driving me a little crazy wondering when labor might begin. Each twinge or stronger Braxton Hick leaves me wondering if labor is imminent, but there's still nothing to report.

We also picked up a couple classic big brother books to read with Levi this week. He's been enjoying the Little Critter My Brother and Me book and the Berenstien Bears Baby book. He talks about the "baby" pretty often these days, so I'm excited for him to actually meet his baby brother soon!

Appointment Updates
: My midwife tells me I'm 3 cm dilated at this point and 50% effaced, so things are right on track. I asked how late I'd be allowed to go and was told ten days late, but she didn't seem to think we'd get to that point. We'll surely see.

Best Moment of the Week: We took Levi to a real polo match on Sunday for a going away gathering for our dear friend Julia. I had the perfect maternity dress for the occasion and Levi LOVED the horses. He was so cute pointing out the "neighs" adding in the occasional "yay, yay, yay" as well. I am so sad that Julia is moving, but I'm glad we got to celebrate with her by knocking one more item off her Boston Bucket List. Hopefully Jellybean arrives before the 15th so she gets the chance to meet him and hang with Levi when we head off to the hospital since my mom will arrive as soon as she can once she hears labor has indeed started.

And a couple of the cutest big brother ... just for fun!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP