A little decorating!

I've been visiting the following sofa set at Crate and Barrel for over two years now! Many of you who have been in the store with me have been asked the question, "Do you want to visit my couches?" You could NEVER call this a spontaneous purchase since I've been eyeing these furniture pieces for SO long! I just love them, a true love affair. They are so comfortable and super soft micro-fiber velvet. After visiting Chicago's Crate and Barrel this summer I was told that they would be having an upholstery sale in August and it begins tomorrow, so I went to Richmond today to make sure I ordered the right style and color and here are the pieces! You're going to LOVE sitting in our living room once the house is complete of course. We're planning to incorporate a friend's dark brown leather piece along with our cherry furniture. Then the same berry color will be on the bottom of the wall in the dining room and in the kitchen to carry the color through the downstairs. The rest of the walls will be mushroom bisque, a nice coffee color to give a warm neutral backdrop for the rooms. I am so excited to see it all come together.It also appears that the color scheme that I love is very in fashion this season, so I picked up a couple of these place mats as a color inspiration piece that would also get used in the kitchen. I love these warm fall colors, the reds, browns and oranges and the blue looks like a pretty addition too. Too many colors to choose from but lots of room for variety.
I can't wait to start decorating and get all of our furniture out of the POD. It is really going to feel like Christmas because it's been over a year now since we've seen most of our things. Of course the house has to get finished and first things first. I'm not trying to get too ahead of myself, but the couches will take 10 weeks to come in anyway. While the house can be overwhelming, at least it's moving along. The roof work starts Tuesday and the decorating has officially begun!

4 comments:

Jonathan and Missy Wetherington said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your home!! i know that is so exciting for you guys!!
I love the couch too...seems like you have an eye for decorating. I wish i did! :)
Good luck with the remodeling..i feel like I haven't seen you in forever!

Laura2sing said...

It looks beautiful! I am so excited for you guys!

Laura and TJ said...

Ummm....I LOVE the coach and the other pieces! I can't wait to come over and hang out at your place! It's coming together!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you tonight!

Thais said...

Looks great! So glad the house is coming together. Can't wait to visit.

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP