Help Colleen and Adam adopt!!!

My good friends Colleen and Adam from our church, GracePoint, in Massachusetts are in the beginning stages of adoption and they are currently fundraising via Pampered Chef in order to eventually adopt from Moldova.

If you are local (Tidewater area) and would like to order something and help this cause just click on the link and enter Jessica Herndon as the hostess that way all of your purchases will be linked to the Young's adoption savings account. I will deliver your items to you when they are delivered to my house after the show ends.

Here's their letter explaining all the details and you can also check out their blog:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PAMPERED CHEF ORDER!!

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Colleen Young and I have been a Pampered Chef Consultant for the past couple of years. It has really been just a fun hobby for me that has brought in some extra income here and there for me and my husband. But now, this “extra income” is serving an amazing purpose: it is helping bring home our first child (or children). Adam and I are adopting!

Adam and I started doing missions work with our church almost six years ago. Our church became involved in Moldova, the poorest country in Eastern Europe, where we started ministering to a small orphanage that is home to about 100 kids. Since our first trip, our lives have not been the same. We knew we were carrying the burden to adopt and God started piecing together necessary steps that we needed to make. Over these last 6 years He has been paving the way for us to start a family and we know without a doubt that adoption from Moldova is His will for us.

pastedGraphic.pdf

We are in the very beginning stages of our adoption process and have a long road ahead. The youngest child that we will be able to bring home is 2 years old. We are also praying about adopting a sibling group, which means our family could instantly double

Our prayer is to be good stewards of our money and to utilize some of the avenues He has already placed us in. One of those avenues is my Pampered Chef business~ 100% of my commission that I make from your order will go into our adoption savings account that will be utilized to offset the accruing fees. Our fees include social work fees, government fees, travel expenses (we will need to travel twice to Moldova when our child is ready to come home), and the list goes on. So, throughout this process, I will be doing as much as I can through Pampered Chef to raise money for our adoption fees.

Some facts about Moldova:

  • It is located between Romania and the Ukraine and received its’ independence in the mid-90’s.
  • With that independence, came an incredible economic decline. Most of the children who are orphans are abandoned because the parents just can’t take care of them and go abroad to find work.
  • Moldova is a hub for human trafficking of young girls and women. They are often deceived into thinking they are being recruited to find jobs at restaurants or travel agencies.

Thank you for being part of us starting our family! We are grateful and beyond appreciative. Check out our blog: www.adamandcolleenyoung.blogspot.com to follow us through the next year and a half. I’d love to hear from you!

pastedGraphic_1.pdf


Thank you for helping me support my friends in this great endeavor! Feel free to comment if you have an questions.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP