Summer Fun to come...

I don't have my photos at work...so the blog recap is starting a little out of order...but no biggie, right! Today marks the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL...so what does this teacher's summer hold you might be wondering...well it won't involve quite as much jet setting as what I coined last year's "Summer of Travel"...but I'm looking forward to a wide variety of summer events.
The summer launches next week when I get to perform again in Shores Summer Spectacular, our church's Vacation Bible School...but this year its focus is on the whole family, so I'm really looking forward to how the new program comes together and impacts our church's families as they head into the summer. Then I'm headed back to Camp Watermarks for a week with our middle school Waves and high school Elevate students. Every year the camp has even more to offer our students and God always does amazing works in their lives, so I wait with anticipation to see how He is going to move this year while we're there, especially since this is the first year our high schoolers will be joining the Waves in all the fun.
A new addition to this summer's events is Adam's two weeks of Airforce work as a chaplain at Bolling Airforce Base, so I plan to go up and visit him for a few days while he's up in DC serving our nation's military. Not only will I get to see him in action and in uniform, but I'll get to catch up with good friends who live up that way too (Celeste and Arianna on my way up there and a bunch of XA ladies too who I usually get to see for "annual" trips to the District)!

New news...I also just found out I'm going to get to shadow my cousin who does wedding photography in New York the weekend before I head to DC to see Adam. I am SO excited for this experience. It will add something new to my photography portfolio, I'll get to see family and hopefully I'll be that much more prepared for photographing Emma and Nima's wedding!
Then there's some downtime, some standardized ESL test item writing and our 6th anniversary celebration...WOW how 6 years has flown by!
To round out July, Haley and I are taking a road trip to Atlanta to see Lindsey, her new house (which isn't so new to her anymore, but still new to us) and possibly Shelby who will have moved to the Nashville area by then so we'll see if we can find a meeting point.
In August, Adam and I are headed to Las Vegas for our own vacation. We'll be joining my parents, Anna and her boyfriend Chris who are headed to Vegas for Anna's birthday extravaganza. I'm SUPER excited about seeing the Grand Canyon too while we're out there...after seeing Yosemite, I am very excited about these type of breathtaking outdoor spaces! It won't be Italy, but it will certainly be a new adventure since neither Adam or I have been out to Vegas.

WeddingBells.jpg

Finally, the summer will wind up with some pre-wedding festivities for my best friend Haley and my friend Emma. You all know by now how much I LOVE weddings and EVERYTHING that has to do with weddings, which includes all the showers and parties. The plans for Haley's Bridal Shower and Bachlorette festivites are well on the way since some of her guests will be coming from Richmond, so we wanted to give them plenty of time to mark their calendars. She will be getting married at the end of September. Emma's Bridal shower plans have begun as well with setting the date and beginning to chat shower details.

As you can see, my summer calendar is FULL of fun stuff and I can't wait to get started and that doesn't even include youth group surf days, hanging out at the pool/ beach with friends and more.

I LOVE SUMMER!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP