Williamsburg, VA

Mom and I headed up to Williamsburg, VA to spend the day taking pictures. We made a pit stop in Hampton for lunch at the Grey Goose, a cute little tea restaurant.Then we went on to Williamsburg to have fun taking pictures. I spent the afternoon playing with my Nikon D60.
Then we continued walking around... After a couple hours of walking around taking pictures, Mom and I decided to stop at the well known Williamsburg Restaurant at Merchant's Square, The Trellis for their dessert Death By Chocolate. I had always heard of it but had never had a chance to stop in.I have been dieing to have a camera that takes pretty pictures of food...since I do sometimes post recipes and shots of my latest creation on my personal blog...but my little point and shoot camera always came up short on making the food look as yummy as it usually was...this is no longer a problem. Check out these shots...they still make my mouth water!
Before...

and after! Seven layers of chocolate goodness!
When we walked out of the restaurant and were thinking of heading home, we happened to run into a photographer who was also taking some shots around Williamsburg. Well we must had the luckiest timing because he told us that his photography club was just getting ready to meet up and shoot some pictures at dusk, which is the magic hour because of how the light bounces off the atmosphere. He invited us to join them. Here are some shots I got at dusk and at night WITHOUT a flash!! Shutter speed is a NEAT thing let me tell you!
I will never look at glass the same again! Check out that reflection! Williamsburg is such a pretty place and there are so many +visual details to enjoy around every corner.

No comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP